About LASC Foundation
The Foundation’s mission for LASC is to provide resources for programs and scholarships directly benefiting students of LASC. The Foundation is committed to making higher education attainable for all in the greater Los Angeles community.
The Foundation’s vision is to support LASC's mission of student success, lifelong learning, and enriching the lives of its diverse community.
To promote and assist the educational programs and services of LASC and to apply the funds and resources coming into its hands towards furthering programs of the college.
Role of LASC Foundation
- Proactively raise funds that support the foundation’s vision, mission, and goals.
- Develop innovative programming that brings awareness and financial support.
- Relieve pressure of the financial shortfall impacting the college.
- Structure the board and organization that fosters effective implementation.
- Assess the board’s needs and purposefully recruit new members dedicated in fulfilling the board’s purpose.
- Demonstrate personal responsibility by making a financial commitment.
For more information about the LASC Foundation, contact Avis J. Boyd, Executive Director, 1600 West Imperial Highway, Los Angeles, CA 90047, Student Services Building (SSB), 217D
2012-13 LASC Foundation Board
- Sam Bingham – Insurance Executive, Retired
- Dr. Sandra Cox – Mental Health Provider
- Gene Hale – President, GLAACC
- Ambassador Sidney Williams – Retired
- Harold Dickens – Self-Employed Risk Manager
- Mary Nathan – Manager, California Federal Credit Union, Inglewood Branch
- Donald Lancaster – Attorney
- Angela Reddock – Attorney
- Marva Smith Battle-Bey – President, Vermont-Slauson Economic Development Corporation