PAthways Resource Center
Welcome to the Career Pathways Resource Center
- Career Pathways
- Professional Growth
- Workplace Learning
What Are Pathways?
A career pathway is an educational road map outlining an aligned sequence of courses that prepares students for college and career transition in a specific industry or sector. A career pathway leads to multiple options for students such as concurrent enrollment college credit beginning in high school, industry certifications, certificate or associate degrees, employment, and in some cases preparation for transfer to a university.
Pathways generally meet the following criteria:
- Unique to an industry sector
- Includes at least 2 courses
- Has an occupational focus
- Demonstrates sequence potential
- Reasonable and appropriate for high school to college
- Lead to high-skill, high-wage, or high-demand jobs
- Inclusive of all aspects of the industry
- Sustainable and viable over the next 10 years
Get support and more information at the Career/Transfer Pathways & Jobs Center
Coffee House Industry Series
Coffee House Industry Series features industry-focused speakers throughout the year as student information sessions with outreach to college students, high school students, and students enrolled in career pathway programs.
Read more about career options in the CTE PATHWAYS & INDUSTRY SECTOR CATALOG [PDF: 8.8Mb]
Pathways are a framework for Student success and completion
- Connect educational programs & support services
- Align with in-demand skills and regional economies
- Enable students to advance over time to better jobs and higher levels of education and training
- Each step on a career pathway is designed explicitly to prepare students to progress to the next level of employment and/or education.
Pathway Planning Services
- Information Orientation Days:
- A "Pathways Orientation" for students to showcase each of the different CTE programs.
- Pathway Planning Program:
- Students take a career assessment test and learn about their options within the different programs and disciplines, choose a major, go into a pathway and earn either a certificate, AA degree/ADT degree, or transfer.
- Coffeehouse Series:
- Student Career focus on a particular industry to inform about the industry along with a Q & A session for students to ask questions about the field.