Explosion or Aircraft Down (Crash) on Campus
In the event a mishap occurs such as an explosion or a downed aircraft (crash) on campus take the following action:
- Immediately take cover under tables, desks and other objects that will give protection against falling glass, debris, or explosion.
- Report an explosion by immediately calling extension 5311 from a campus phone or (323) 241-5311 from an off-campus or cell phone.
- When the alarm sounds, or when told to leave by college officials, walk quickly to the nearest marked exit and ask others to do the same.
- Assist the disabled in exiting the building. Do not use elevators in case of fire. Do not panic.
- Once outside, move to a clear area that is at least 50 feet away from the affected building. Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and crews. Know your emergency assembly points.
- Evacuate to the assembly area for your location.
- If requested, assist emergency crews as necessary.
- Do not return to an evacuated building until the all-clear signal is sounded, unless told to do so by a college official.
- A campus emergency command post may be set up near the emergency site. Keep clear of the command post unless you have official business.