Facilities Use & Rental
Rental and Use of Facilities at Southwest
All groups or persons wishing to rent facilities at Southwest must complete a Facilities Use Request Form in at least 15-30 days prior to the requested event date.
Staff and faculty members planning extra-curricular events (i.e. movie screenings, fundraisers, college campus visits, etc.) must also complete a Facilities Use Request Form.
The Facilities Use Committee meets every Wednesday at 9:30 a.m. in SSB 216 to consider and approve all requests.*See committee list below.
You will be notified of the status of your request via email or phone within a week of submission.
You can download the Facility Use Request Form (pdf) and submit via email to LASCfacilitiesrequest@lasc.edu or drop it off to Blanchie Hollier in Plant Facilities (M&O Building).
- All outside groups will be required to pay fees for the use of Southwest facilities.
- Due to ongoing construction, some facilities are currently available for use and there is a significant reduction in parking available for events.
- Please see below for a list of our facilities and the current availability status of each. For any additional questions call Blanchie Hollier at 323-241-5060.
- Softball Field
- Swimming Pools
- Outdoor (Olympic-size dimensions)
- Football Stadium
- Classrooms- reduced availability for rental
- Little Theater- currently unavailable
- Practice Field- currently unavailable
- Quad Area- currently unavailable
Facilities Use Committee Members
- Committee Chair: Vice President Ferris Trimble (*Gives final approval for campus events)
- Operations Manager: Steve Harvey
- Facilities Assistant: Blanchie Hollier
- Sheriff's Department (Deputy IIDA or department representative)
- Athletics: Coach Henry Washington
- Public Information: Miya Walker