Facilities Use & Rental
Rental and Use of Facilities at Southwest
All groups or persons wishing to rent facilities at Southwest must complete a Facilities Use Request Form in at least 15-30 days prior to the requested event date.
Staff and faculty members planning extra-curricular events (i.e. movie screenings, fundraisers, college campus visits, etc.) must also complete a Facilities Use Request Form.
The Facilities Use Committee meets every Wednesday at 9:30 a.m. in Cox Annex 134 to consider and approve all requests. Requesters are welcome to attend committee meetings.
You will be notified of the status of your request via email or phone within a week of submission.
You can download the Facility Use Request Form (pdf) and submit via email to LASCfacilitiesrequest@lasc.edu or drop it off to Blanchie Hollier in Plant Facilities (M&O Building).
- All outside groups will be required to pay fees for the use of Southwest facilities.
- Due to ongoing construction, some facilities are currently available for use and there is a significant reduction in parking available for events.
- Please see below for a list of our facilities and the current availability status of each. For any additional questions call Blanchie Hollier at 323-241-5060.
- Softball Field
- Baseball Field
- Swimming Pools
- Outdoor (Olympic-size dimensions)
- Football Stadium
- Classrooms- reduced availability for rental
- Little Theater- currently unavailable
- Practice Field- currently unavailable
- Quad Area- currently unavailable
Facilities Use Committee Members
- Committee Chair: Vice President Ferris Trimble (*Gives final approval for campus events)
- Operations Manager: Vacant
- Facilities Assistant: Blanchie Hollier
- Sheriff's Department (Deputy IIDA or department representative)
- Athletics: Coach Henry Washington
- Public Information: Benjamin Demers
- Associated Student Organization (ASO) Representative