Accreditation at Southwest
Los Angeles Southwest College is fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges(ACCJC)/Western Association of Schools and Colleges(WASC).
Accreditation is a status granted to an educational institution that has been found to meet or exceed stated criteria of educational quality. Institutions voluntarily seek accreditation and it is conferred by non-governmental bodies.
ACCJC institutions must undergo a comprehensive self-study every six years to be submitted to ACCJC for reaffirmation of accreditation. This self-study has to also be submitted to a team of professional peers from other ACCJC colleges who reviewed the self-study, visited the college, and submitted a written report of its findings to ACCJC and the college subsequent to its visit. ACCJC reviewed the team’s findings, along with the college’s self-study, and made a final determination of the college’s status. The commission meets for this purpose in January and June of each year.
- 2014 Commission Action Letter | July 3, 2014
- 2013 Commission Action Letter | July 3, 2013
- Accreditation Cliff Notes: Things You Should Know | April 15, 2013
- What Happens Next?| February 22, 2013
- 2012-13 Accreditation Update | November 6, 2012
- ACCJC Letter of Action | July 2, 2012
- Letter to Southwest from ACCJC | July 9, 2012
- Accreditation Update Q & A | July 9, 2012
Accreditation Committee Co-Chair
Rose Calderon CalderRH@lasc.edu
- Frequently Asked Questions
- History of Accreditation at LASC
- Strategic Planning Committee
- ACCJC Accreditation Standards
- ACCJC Rubrics
- ACCJC Guide to Evaluating Institution