Accreditation at LASC
Welcome to the Accreditation Website for Los Angeles Southwest College
LASC is fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges(ACCJC)/Western Association of Schools and Colleges(WASC). Accreditation is a status granted to an educational institution that has been found to meet or exceed stated criteria of educational quality. Institutions voluntarily seek accreditation and it is conferred by non-governmental bodies.
Every six years ACCJC institutions must undergo a comprehensive self-study to be submitted to ACCJC for reaffirmation of accreditation. This self-study was also submitted to a team of professional peers from other ACCJC colleges who reviewed the self-study, visited the college, and submitted a written report of its findings to ACCJC and the college subsequent to its visit. ACCJC reviewed the team’s findings, along with the college’s self-study, and made a final determination of the college’s status. The commission meets for this purpose in January and June of each year. LASC submitted its self-study (click on the link below to access) to the team and ACCJC in early January 2012. The team visited the college from March 12-15, 2012.
LASC Accreditation 2012-13 Updates
- Accreditation Cliff Notes: Things You Should Know | April 15, 2013
- What Happens Next?| February 22, 2013
- 2012-13 Accreditation Update | November 6, 2012
- Final 2012 Accreditation Report | May 7, 2012
- ACCJC Letter of Action | July 2, 2012
- Letter to LASC | July 9, 2012
- Accreditation Update Q & A | July 9, 2012
Accreditation Committee Co-Chair
Dr. Allison Moore email@example.com
LASC 2012 Accreditation Self-Study
- Additional Information at www.accjc.org