- Fall: Jan. 15 - March 15
- Spring: July 15 -September 15 (4pm)
Attend mandatory Application Information Session (check online for dates).
Part 1: fill out CURRENT application TYPE and bring with you along with necessary documents (no one will be allowed in without the completed application). Part 2 will be discussed at the session.
PLEASE TYPE AND PRINT PART 1 OF APPLICATION, CLICK HERE FOR DOCUMENT
Click for: EXAMPLE OF HOW TO FILL OUT PREREQUISITE SECTION OF APPLICATION
Part 2: will be posted online on Tuesday, February 17, 2015. You may submit Part 2 to the office (AV 104) only between March 2 -March 16 by 4PM. You may not submit Part 2 without first submitting Part 1 during a mandatory application workshop. Please look at webpage for dates/times.
PLEASE TYPE AND PRINT PART 2 OF APPLICATION, CLICK HERE FOR DOCUMENT
Make sure you have a current application on file at LASC and a Student ID Number (88 - ### - ####).
Become familiar with your LACCD email, as all communication will be sent there.
Send OFFICIAL AP (advanced placement) scores to the Admissions & Records office if you passed AP tests in High School.
Obtain sealed OFFICIAL transcripts:
- If the highest level you have obtained is High School/GED you will need transcripts. To request GED transcripts use this link: http://www.gedtestingservice.com/testers/gedrequest-a-transcript
- If the highest level you obtained is the California High School Proficiency Examination you will need transcripts. To request CHSPE transcripts use this link: http://chspe.net/cert-trans
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended. Transcripts from within LACCD may be unofficial.
- International transcripts require an official evaluation report from an approved evaluation agency. An approved agency list is available in the Counseling Office (SSB #227) and in the Nursing Office. http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf
Please allow enough time to gather all of your official transcripts, be proactive and have these documents ready.
Have you taken the TEAS already?
- If so, print out unofficial copies of ALL TEAS results.
- If not, start studying for it! For more information regarding the TEAS visit: https://www.atitesting.com/Home.aspx
- All candidates are required to take the TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) testing version 5. The College Benchmark score is 62%. Candidates who have taken the TEAS previously MUST see the nursing department for directions on providing scores along with the application.**Students who have taken version 5 before but did not score a 62%, must score a 62% on each section.
- Each semester, following the application deadline, the most qualified candidates are admitted to the Nursing Program. In the event the Nursing program has received applications for more than the allotted seats, the selection process is done by lottery process.
- All candidates accepted into the Nursing program must attend a mandatory orientation meeting. Also, there will be two highly recommended six week classes:
- Orientation to Nursing (Nursing 520)
- Nursing Boot Camp (Nursing 540)
- If a student does not attend the mandatory orientation meeting, his/her position will immediately be given to an alternate candidate. Both classes are offered during the Winter Intercession for spring semester and summer session for fall semester.
- All classes in the Nursing program must be completed with a "C" or better grade in order to advance to the next course within the program and to earn the degree of Associate in Science in Nursing.
- In addition, enrolled students are required to take a series of mandatory ATI content mastery examinations after the completion of each course in the nursing program.
After a student is admitted into the Nursing program, a full time load is considered a minimum of 9 units per semester.
- Transfer students from other nursing programs will be evaluated on an individual basis. This process requires a completed application, college catalog, letter from the former program director and course syllabus for all successfully completed nursing courses.
- Transfer students must meet the admission requirements for our program's generic nursing students. Transfer students must also follow the same application procedure as general students in order to apply to the program. Space for transfer students is very limited.
- Please contact the Nursing Department to see if transfer students are being accepted at this time.