Nursing Program Prerequisites
ALL prerequisites must be completed with a grade of "C" or better before applying to the program.
- English 101 College Reading & Composition 3 units
- Speech 101 Oral Communication 3 units
- Psychology 1 General Psychology 3 units
- Psychology 41 Life-Span Psychology 3 units
- Sociology 1 Intro to Sociology 3 units
- Math 115 (or higher) Elementary Algebra 5 units
- Chemistry 51 (or higher) Fundamentals of Chemistry 5 units
- Anatomy 1 Intro to Human Anatomy 4 units
- Physiology 1 Intro to Human Physiology 4 units
- Microbiology 1 Introductory Microbiology 5 units
*Biology 20 Anatomy and Physiology 8 units is equivalent to Anatomy 1 and Physiology 1
*Microbiology 20 General Microbiology 4 units is equivalent to Microbiology 1
- Overall cumulative 2.5 GPA for all general education college courses
- A 2.5 GPA in designated sciences, including: Anatomy, Physiology and Microbiology with no more than one repeat.
- U.S. High School Graduation diploma or its equivalent. The equivalency may be met by the G.E.D. test or the California High School Proficiency Examination. A degree from a U.S. college or university (shown on transcript) may also meet this requirement. You must submit official sealed transcripts.
- A completed application for the Nursing program includes the following documents:
1. Official transcripts showing completion of prerequisite courses
2. Official proof of U.S. High School diploma (G.E.D. or college degree) by submitting official sealed transcripts.
ALL transcripts must be hand-delivered to the Nursing Department with your application. Please DO NOT mail transcripts to the Admissions Office.