Posting flyers on campus
Posting Flyers on Campus
1. All flyers must be approved by LASC’s Public Information Officer prior to posting them on campus. This rule applies to all requesters (faculty, staff, students, student clubs/organizations as well as individuals not affiliated with a student club/organization and/or the College).
2. If a requester is interested in posting flyers, he/she must stop by the PIO’s office in Room 144 in the Cox Annex in order to receive official approval.
3. Once the flyers are reviewed and approved, the PIO will stamp and date each flyer at the bottom right corner of the page. If a flyer is displayed on campus without a stamp from the PIO, it will be removed and discarded.
4. Once the flyers are approved, the requester is permitted to post the flyers. However, flyers may only be displayed on the wooden bulletin boards around campus. If a flyer is displayed anywhere besides on these bulletin boards (i.e. doors, windows, tables, etc.), it will be removed and discarded.
5. All flyers posted on a bulletin board from any entity associated with Los Angeles Southwest College have to include an official LASC logo. These logos can be received by sending an email to the LASC PIO at email@example.com prior to visiting the PIO’s office.
6. The requester will be responsible for posting their flyers on the bulletin board. All flyers can only be affixed to the bulletin boards with blue painter’s tape. Blue painter’s tape must be provided by the requester.
7. The requester is permitted to put up no more than two of the same flyers per bulletin board. If there are more than two of the same flyers on one bulletin board, the additional flyers will be removed and discarded immediately.
8. The requester may not place any flyers on top of other individuals’ flyers.
9. A flyer will be removed from a bulletin board and discarded three (3) weeks after the date that it was authorized by the PIO. If the flyer is announcing a specific event, then it will be discarded immediately after the event date.
11. All requesters are prohibited from removing any flyers from the bulletin boards.
12. If a requester from outside the college is interested in posting flyers on campus, the same process will be followed.
13. Flyers posted on buildings, light standards, windows, glass doors and/or elevators will be removed even if it has a stamp of approval.
14. The above protocol does not apply to bulletin boards, tables or glass cases overseen by departments or groups. Departments are responsible for this content.
Please note the locations of bulletin boards on campus marked by an X below: