CTE Advisory Board
Welcome to the PRO-GTL Consortia landing page where you can find the latest information on consortia activities, outcomes, student learning, and industry participation. Pro-GTL (Global Trade & Logistics) Regional Consortia is a partnership with private industry and educators across 7 community colleges in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and Community Career Development (CCD) to promote career opportunities in global trade, ecommerce, and logistics, and global entrepreneurship.
WHAT IS THE CTE ADVISORY BOARD?
The CTE advisory board is a representative group of individuals whose experience and abilities represent a cross section of the businesses and industries that pertain to the college’s academic focus and emerging technologies. Federal and California regulations mandate that schools and institutions that operate career and technical education (CTE) programs establish and operate program advisory committees. These bodies serve a vital role in keeping CTE programs relevant, dynamic, and on the cutting edge.
The primary purposes of the CTE Advisory Board are to assist Los Angeles Southwest College in:
- Documenting industry focus that informs faculty and students of the relevant skills and competencies required within their industries for job placement and career success.
- Informing and updating business and industry of the strategic plans, program needs, business and industry support desired for CTE programs/courses and students
- Business Advisory (Economics, Finance, General Business, Management, Marketing, Supervision)
- Computer Applications and Office Technology Advisory
- Computer Science Information Technology Advisory
- Child Development Advisory
- Nursing Advisory
ADVISORIES BEING FORMED:
- Accounting Advisory
- Global Trade & Logistics Advisory
- Information & Communications Technology Advisory
- Small Business/Entrepreneurship Advisory
CTE Business Advisory Agenda – Dec. 8, 2015 [PDF: 271KB]
CTE Business Advisory Presentation – Dec. 8, 2015 [PDF: 3.72 MB]
CTE Retreat Agenda – Sep. 18, 2015 [PDF: 111 KB]
Retreat Presentation – Sep. 18, 2015 [PDF: 4.63 MB]
CTE Advisory Agenda -- November 21, 2014 [PDF: 297KB]
CTE Advisory Business Flyer -- November 21, 2014 [PDF: 514KB]
CTE Advisory Agenda -- May 25, 2014 [PDF: 332KB]
CTE Business Advisory Presentation, -- May 30, 2014 [PDF: 1.9MB]