Student success center
Welcome to the Student Success Center
THE STUDENT SUCCESS CENTER IS NOW IN THE COX LIBRARY, 3RD FLOOR
The Student Success Center provides free academic support services to enhance student learning and achievement in a student-centered environment. Our friendly staff is available to assist LASC students with individual, group and online tutoring. Success seminars are scheduled weekly, and students have access to a computer lab that offers the full Microsoft Office Suite and wireless Internet. Also, printing and photocopying are available for .10 cents per copy. In the Student Success Center, students are provided the technology to conduct research and complete class assignments including ITV and Spanish labs. We also support those students who are already succeeding academically and simply want to enrich their educational experiences at Los Angeles Southwest College.
- Computer lab, printing, Internet, email, Microsoft Office applications
- Tutoring (individual and group settings)
- Learning labs for Spanish 1, 2 and Micro Biology
- Student Empowerment Workshops (academic and non-academic)
- Supplemental Instruction in gateway courses
- Private Study Rooms (2 hour limit when others are waiting)
- Text Book Borrowing (with current student ID)
- Food Pantry (Individually wrapped snacks available upon request)
- Student-centered environment
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Friday - Saturday 9:00am – 1:00pm
For further information, call 323-241-5455.
Director, Student Success Center