Applying for Financial Aid
Student Services Building, Room #104
Phone: (323) 241-5338
Fax: (323) 241-5463
LASC Federal School Code: 007047
Monday – Tuesday: 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Wednesday - Thursday: 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Please bring your photo ID when visiting the Financial Aid Office. The counselors will need it to serve you.
FINANCIAL AID DAY
April 10 | 12 p.m. - 2 p.m.
Student Services Building Lobby
Join us to get more information about:
- 1-on-1 assistance with applying for Financial Aid
- How to receive money for fees, books and supplies,living expenses, transportation and child care
When it comes to financial aid, there’s something for everyone, regardless of age, income, or academic history
For more information, call (323) 241-5338
UPDATE: The California Dream Act
- Dream Act Workshop Presentation: May 21, 2013
- The California Dream Act allows undocumented and documented students who meet AB540 criteria to apply for and receive certain state and institutional financial assistance. The 2012-13 Dream Act Application is now available HERE.
- To learn more about the Dream Act and whether you meet AB540 requirements, CLICK HERE.
- You can also find Frequently Asked Questions regarding the Dream Act, CLICK HERE. For the Spanish-language Frequently Asked Questions, CLICK HERE.
When Should I Apply For Financial Aid?
- Financial Aid applications are available every January 1 for the next academic year, which begins in the fall semester.
- March 2 is a priority deadline for financial aid. Students who meet this deadline will be considered for financial aid programs, including Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) and Federal work Study (FWS).If you miss the priority date, you may still apply.
- If you have questions, call (323) 241-5338, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the LASC Financial Aid Office in the Student Services Building, #104. We are available to answer your questions and help you complete the forms.
The Financial Aid Process
Applying for Financial Aid Online
File a 2012-2013 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov. Our school code for the application is 007047. Apply as earlier as possible.
Make sure to use an email address that you will check frequently. All correspondence will be by email.
Check your email for a Document Tracking Letter which will give you further instructions and any needed documentation. Most documents can be submitted online.
Dependent students who are chosen for verification will need to submit a paper Verification Worksheet that has a parent signature. The link for the worksheet can be found in the online verification page.
All students will need to complete online forms. Online forms can be found at www.lasc.edu.
- Click on “Register for Classes” and Select “Online Forms”
- Select your Financial Aid Processing School. The day you submit these forms is your Priority Date. We will process financial aid for students in priority date order, so do this at once. CLICK HERE for more help.
You must complete the Educational Goal and Authorization for Charges. If there are no changes, then disregard. CLICK HERE for a tutorial on the Educational Goal page and CLICK HERE to learn more about Authorization of Charges.
If you have been selected for verification and have filed, or your parents have filed taxes, you will be asked to provide copies of tax returns. You will also need to complete the online Verification Worksheet that can be found on the verification online page
If your tax returns are requested, return to www.fafsa.gov and use the IRS transfer tool to update the tax information directly into your FAFSA.
You can request your tax returns online at www.irs.gov or by calling 1-800-908-9946 if you have trouble transferring your taxes on your FAFSA. Download IRS Form 4506-T form to mail your form at www.irs.gov or by calling 1-800-829-3676.
Dependent students will need to complete, print, and submit a copy of their Verification Worksheet. A link to print the document can be found on the verification web page – it will need a parent signature.
The Financial Aid Office reviews the application for eligibility and automatically processes a fee waiver for eligible students. Additional documentation may be requested for some students.
You will receive an Award Letter from the Financial Aid Office
If your Award Letter includes federal Work-Study, you must contact Financial Aid to accept or reject the Work-Study award
You can get your financial Aid payments from your myLACCDcard or bank account. All new students should look for a green envelope in the mail with information about their debit card or how to direct payments to another account.
Deadline for Cal Grants A, B Entitlement and Competitive awards and Cal Grant C Award.The California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) must receive both a FAFSA and a GPA Verification form before this date.
To meet the priority deadline, your FAFSA must be processed and received by the Financial Aid Office and all required documents must be completed.
If you miss the priority deadline, you should still apply because Pell Grants, Fee Waivers, and jobs will continue to be awarded to qualified applicants throughout the academic year if funds are available. Contact the Financial Aid office with any questions at (323) 241-5338 or stop by the Student Services Building, Room 104.
Community College students must apply for the competitive Cal Grant B award.
LASC electronically transmit your GPA verification to CSAC before the March 2 and September 2 deadlines. Contact the Financial Aid Office at (323) 241-5338 to confirm your GPA was sent to the CSAC.
Deadline for Federal Processor to accept FAFSAs for the academic year.
What is FAFSA?
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
- Students applying for scholarships must complete additional applications that may be requested from LASC Financial Aid Office.
- Printed FAFSA applications are available in the Financial Aid Office. Mail your completed FAFSA application to:
Federal Student Aid Programs
P.O. Box 4015
Mt. Vernon, IL 62864-8615
Financial Aid applicants must use their own social security number on all documents that are submitted.
Net Price Calculator for LASC (Fees)
Calculate how much it will cost you and your family to attend LASC using Net Price Calculator