Exemption from Assessment and Orientation
If you have successfully completed an English or math class at any of the nine (9) Los Angeles community colleges listed below, you may qualify for exemption from the Assessment Test portion of the Matriculation Process.
- Los Angeles Southwest College
- Los Angeles City College
- East Los Angeles College
- Los Angeles Harbor College
- Los Angeles Mission College
- Los Angeles Pierce College
- Los Angeles Trade-Technical College
- Los Angeles Valley College
- West Los Angeles College
If the above applies to you, go to the Student Success and Support Program (SSSP) Office in Student Services Building (SSB) 204 to request exemption.
If you have taken an Assessment or completed math and/or English courses at a college or university other than the ones listed above, go to the Counseling Center, Student Services Building (SSB) 227, to request exemption from assessment. You will be asked to show:
- A copy of validated Assessment scores. If scores are older than one year, you'll have to take the assessment at LASC
- A copy of a transcript showing completion of math and English courses
Other criteria for exemption from the Matriculation process are:
a) You have already earned an Associate degree or higher (proof of degree required)
b) You are only taking one class (not math or English) for personal enrichment or job advancement.