TriO stem program information
The Los Angeles Southwest College TRiO STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) Scholars program is designed to assist students interested in an Associates degree or to transfer to a four-year college or university in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or affiliated health major (Pre-nursing).
- Specialized academic counseling for STEM majors
- Supplemental Instruction in math & science courses
- Academic success workshops
- Exposure and field trips to Transfer institutions
- Assistance with the application process to Four-Year Colleges and Universities
- Assistance with financial literacy and information on completing the FAFSA
To apply for admission to the STEM program you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a United States citizen or Permanent Resident
- Be enrolled in 9 or more units per semester
- Have an interest in a STEM or affiliated Health major
- Have NOT completed an AA/AS or BA/BS degree
- Be enrolled in and/or completed Math 115
Meet one of the following criteria:
- Be a first generation college student
- Receiving Financial Aid for the current academic year
- Have a verified physical or mental impairment
Schedule an appointment with a STEM counselor to:
- Review your intended major choice
- Complete a Comprehensive Educational Plan
- Submit application for the TRiO STEM Program
STEM Program Requirements
- Complete a minimum of two Counselor contacts each semester
- Attend at least one Academic Success workshop, campus tour or campus event each semester
TRiO STEM is a U.S. Department of Education funded Student Support Services (SSS) program designed to assist students overcome, class, social and cultural barriers to higher education.
To make an appointment to see a TRIO STEM counselor please call 323.241.5392 or if you have any questions about the program or eligibility, please email: email@example.com
Congratulations to the graduating class of 2015!
Over 25 TRiO STEM students graduated with an Associates degree and/or transferred.
Many were offered admission to:
|UC Berkeley||UCI||Cal Poly Pomona|
|Mt. Saint Mary’s||USC||CSULB|
TRiO STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) is a U.S. Department of Education funded Student Support Services (SSS) program designed to assist students overcome, class, social and cultural barriers to higher education.
Our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/LASC.TRIO.STEM